Private fire fighting equipment
Private Firefighting Equipment
Web Content Tile
Anyone operating vehicles, machinery and equipment on farms must have firefighting equipment.
Landowners and managers should have access to extra equipment, such as:
- rakes, shovels and fire extinguishers
- farm firefighting units, slip-ons, or even tankers depending on the nature of the fire risks.
Make sure that everyone on your property knows how to operate equipment.
What is CFA's position on the operation of private equipment?
CFA values the role of private equipment providing it is operated safely and effectively. Early intervention by operators has brought many fires under control before the arrival of the fire brigade. Private equipment also significantly assists in blacking out and patrol after fire.
Traffic Management Point Access
If you are using your private equipment at a bushfire, you may need to get it through an Emergency Services Only Traffic Management Point (TMP). To gain access:
- Private firefighting appliances/machinery will need to have a yellow 'CFA Private Equipment Traffic Management Point Access Sticker'. To obtain a yellow sticker you need to:
- CFA volunteers will need to have a white 'CFA Traffic Management Point Access Sticker' or CFA identification. To obtain a white sticker you must:
- Have completed minimum skills and have personal protective clothing (PPC) with you when you access the TMP
- Contact your brigade captain to obtain a sticker.
For more information contact your local CFA district office, contact us or call Community Safety Headquarters on 03 9262 8416