CFA’s values guide and underpin the behaviours expected of all CFA people, regardless of their location or role.
We will live these values and ensure that members are confident in identifying and calling out behaviours that do not line up with these values.
- We are committed to ensuring the safety of the communities we protect
- We actively pursue zero harm
- We want everyone to get home safe and well
- We have a harmonious workplace
- We encourage discussions on safety matters
We excel through TEAMWORK
- We work together to achieve our mission
- We openly share information & resources and acknowledge each other's strengths
- We work cooperatively in inclusive teams
- We work collaboratively for the benefit of the Victorian community
- We respect and embrace open communication
We are dynamic and ADAPTABLE
- We are dynamic and constantly adapting in response to community need
- We are open to the challenge of a changing environment
- We are proactive and make it happen
- We challenge the status quo and recognise innovators
- We learn from each other and our community
- We act with integrity at all times
- We are truthful, open and honest
- We consistently lead by example
- We make transparent and timely decisions
- We speak up if we see something wrong
- We are accountable and will hold one another to account
- We treat everyone fairly and with respect
- We acknowledge each other's ideas, opinions and contribution
- We welcome diversity
- We show empathy and understanding
- We respect the time of our people
CFA is working to address legacy matters relating to the management of complaints including providing additional resourcing and support to address historic complaints and to provide better processes into the future.
We are ensuring all volunteers, brigades, operational staff and leaders understand their responsibilities in addressing inappropriate behaviours and promoting the assistance available to support them when issues arise.
Inclusion and Diversity
CFA is committed to promoting gender equality and diversity to improve our overall culture and operating environment.
We are currently developing our Gender Equality Action Plan and will be providing updates on our progress in line with the Victorian Government requirements under Gender Equality Act 2020.
CFA's Women’s Advisory Committee and Youth Advisory Committee advise the Executive on how we better support diversity and inclusion in our organisation.
Child Safety and Wellbeing
CFA is committed to creating safe and supportive environments for children and young people and has a zero-tolerance approach to all forms of child abuse. All CFA members have a legal and moral obligation to keep children and young people safe.
As an organisation, we value the contribution of children and young people and create opportunities for them to build their skills and confidence and participate in decision making.
The need to remove or reduce the risk of child abuse informs our decision-making concerning the children and young people we interact with.
Page last updated: Wednesday, 27 December 2023 5:45:42 PM