Building, Planning & Regulations

This section provides information on CFA's role under the building and dangerous goods legislation, caravan park fire safety, renewable energy facilities, emergency plans for commercial properties, land use planning and Bushfire Management Overlay.

In this section

alarm system

Alarm Systems

Building owners and managers need to know their rights and responsibilities about monitored alarm systems in buildings, and how to prevent false alarms.

Visit page: Alarm Systems

caravan park sign

Caravan Park Fire Safety

Caravan park owners must meet fire safety requirements as outlined in the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2020.

Visit page: Caravan Park Fire Safety

Hazmat team dealing with HAZMAT

Dangerous Goods

Dangerous Goods in the Country Area of Victoria.

Visit page: Dangerous Goods

Electric fencelines

Electric Line Vegetation Clearance

CFA and FRV assign low and high fire hazard ratings to the country area of Victoria and to portions of the Metropolitan Fire District for powerlines.

Visit page: Electric Line Vegetation Clearance

fire extinguisher

Fire Equipment Maintenance

CFA has professionally trained volunteer firefighters to install and service portable fire equipment to relevant Australian standards and building regulations for the public, business, and industry.

Visit page: Fire Equipment Maintenance

studying plans

Planning Controls

CFA’s role in Victoria's planning system is to provide expert advice to councils and the Minister for Planning.

Visit page: Planning Controls

CFA logo

Regulation 129

Building Fire Safety in the Country Area of Victoria.

Visit page: Regulation 129

CFA’s renewable energy

Renewable Energy Fire Safety

CFA’s Design Guidelines and Model Requirements for Renewable Energy Facilities.

Visit page: Renewable Energy Fire Safety



Page last updated:  Wednesday, 15 May 2024 4:33:04 PM