When your application is received, you will be sent an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Short listing and interview
After the closing date, a selection panel will assess the applications against the relevant selection criteria and a shortlist of candidates will be considered for interview.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by CFA and provided with all necessary details for the interview.
If you have not been shortlisted, you will be advised by email at the earliest opportunity.
If you are unsuccessful after interview, you will be contacted by telephone by a panel member or Talent Acquisition Specialist. You may ask for specific feedback. You may also receive correspondence by email of the outcome of your application.
If you are the preferred candidate, a panel member will call you to advise you of this and explain the next stage in the process, including successful completion of pre-employment checks (e.g. police, Working with Children and reference checks).
Once all background checks have been successfully completed, you will receive a call to discuss your offer of employment, starting dates and relevant logistics of your first day.
You will be required to sign and return your letter of offer by the date specified.
Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check which includes:
1. Eligibility to work in Australia
- CFA will conduct checks to confirm that you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident.
- If you hold a visa that allows you to work and you have applied for an ongoing position, you can only be considered for a fixed-term period of employment that does not exceed your current visa term.
2. National Police Check
- The work undertaken by CFA makes it necessary for appointment of all new employees to be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check.
3. Working with Children Check Status
- CFA is committed to being a child safe organisation and is required by law to comply with the Victorian Government Child Safe Standards.
- All CFA employees are required to have a valid Working with Children Check.
- If you have a current Working with Children Check, CFA will confirm your status.
- You will be required to renew your WWWC at the time of expiry.
- If you do not already have a Working with Children Check and are a preferred candidate, you will need to apply for one. Preferred candidates will be required hold a valid Working with Children Check prior to receiving a job offer.
4. Qualification / Registration / Certification check
- You will be required to provide evidence of qualifications as required by the position and stated in your CV.
- Where the position requires accreditations registration or certification, evidence of these will be required at interview.
- CFA may conduct checks to confirm qualifications and other pre- requisite accreditations as required by the position
5. Drivers Licence
- Some positions may require a driver's licence. Evidence of a current driver's licence will be required for these positions
- If you are the preferred candidate for a position, CFA will contact the referees provided in your application once we have been provided clearance by you to do so.
7. Medical health declaration
- Upon appointment you will be required to complete the CFA’s Medical declaration form.
8. COVID-19 Vaccination status
Page last updated: Thursday, 1 December 2022 1:04:46 PM