Web Content Tile
Building Fire Safety in the Country Area of Victoria
The Victorian Government Fire Services Reform package saw the formation of Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV) on the 1st of July 2020.
FRV and CFA have signed a Service Level Deed Agreement which sees FRV provide services on behalf of CFA in relation to the built environment for the state of Victoria. These services include statutory service delivery under the National Construction Code and Victoria’s building legislative framework, that includes:
- Applications for Report and Consent pursuant to Building Regulation 129(1);
- Applications for Report and Consent pursuant to Building Regulation 187(1);
- Pre-applications pursuant to Building Regulation 129(1);
- Reviews of Fire Engineering Briefs; and
- Fire Safety Inspections and Reports in relation to Caravan Parks pursuant to the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Moveable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2020.
Queries in relation to these matters are to be directed to Fire Rescue Victoria, Building Codes and Audits Department or email BCAAdmin@frv.vic.gov.au.