Web Content Tile
Appointment of successful applicants will be made subject to a satisfactory pre-employment conditions check which includes:
1. Eligibility to work in Australia
- We'll check that you are an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident.
- If you hold a visa that allows you to work and you have applied for an ongoing position, you can only be considered for a fixed-term period of employment that does not exceed your current visa term.
2. National Police Check
The work undertaken by CFA makes it necessary for appointment of all new employees to be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check.
3. Working with Children Check Status
- CFA is committed to be a child safe organisation and is required by law to comply with the Victorian Government Child Safe Standards.
- All jobs that have contact with children are required to have a working with children check.
- If you have a current Working with Children Check, we'll verify the status.
4. Qualification/Registration/Certification check
- Approved education qualification dependent on the position.
- Some jobs may require a certain qualification, registration or certification. If so, we’ll run checks to verify those, including viewing original documents at an interview.
5. Drivers Licence
Some jobs may require a drivers licence. If so, we’ll run checks to verify those.
If you are the preferred candidate for a job, we’ll contact the referees provided in your application. This is to verify that what you’ve said is truthful and accurate.
7. Medical health declaration
Upon appointment you will be required to complete the CFA’s Medical declaration form.
When your application is received, you will be sent an email acknowledging receipt of your application.
Short listing and interview
After the closing date, a selection panel will assess the applications against the key selection criteria. Applicants who do not meet all the competency requirements will not be shortlisted for interview.
Where there are a large number of applicants that meet all the key selection criteria, the panel will select candidates for interview according to how strongly they meet the requirements.
If you are shortlisted for interview, you will be contacted by CFA and provided with any necessary details for the interview. If you have not been shortlisted, you will be advised in writing at the earliest opportunity.
If you are unsuccessful after interview, you will be contacted by telephone by a panel member. You may ask for specific feedback during this call. A letter confirming the decision will also be posted to you.
Alternatively, if you are the preferred candidate, a panel member will call you to discuss your starting arrangements. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful police and reference checks.