Web Content Tile
The VicEmergency app is the official Victorian Government app for access to community information and warnings for all types of emergencies in Victoria.
The VicEmergency app brings together emergency information and warnings from agencies including:
- Country Fire A u th ority
- Department of E cono mic Development and Transpor t and Resources
- Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Life Saving Victoria
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade
- Victoria State Emergency Service.
The app is managed by Emergency Management Victoria and supported by the Department of Justice.
Since the app was launched, it has undergone a number of enhancements:
- VicEmergency no longer uses Google Maps as its mapping provider, but instead uses Spatial Vision VicMaps Books. VicMap is designed to ensure that emergency services have access to the latest, authoritative topographic mapping across Victoria.
- Fire Danger Ratings now also display for both current location and watch zones.
- Other enhancements to the app include improved performance and faster connectivity, especially for those in remote and low-coverage areas, as well as reduced data download requirements.
If you would like to provide feedback on the app, or if you are experiencing an issue, please use the ‘Feedback’ button on the app or submit a ticket via the VicEmergency Knowledge Base.