Be as ready as you can be this fire season and take part in CFA's most comprehensive bushfire safety program.
Community Fireguard is all about taking control of your own bushfire safety. It's a practical program designed to help you:
- Plan for a range of scenarios
- Make informed decisions when it counts
- Maintain a fire smart house and garden
- Work together with your community to reduce everyone's bushfire risk
If you are passionate about keeping your home and your family safe, get together with a group of locals and CFA will come to you.
Contact your CFA regional headquarters and ask for the Community Education Coordinator. Alternatively, text your name and location to 0429 423 692. A local coordinator will be in touch within a few days.
It only takes one person to get the ball rolling!
How does community fireguard work?
- The program contains around eight hours of material (including group discussion and hands on activities) that can be covered in around four to six sessions.
- CFA fire safety specialists work with your group to keep things on track and make sure all the important information is covered
- Meetings are held in people’s homes, at a time that's most convenient for the group — usually on weekends or in the evening.
- CFA also offers a practical "Stay and Defend" workshop as part of Community Fireguard – this is optional (but recommended) for anyone considering defending their home.