Leaving early during COVID-19 will be a little different this summer.
During coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions, you can leave your home during an emergency or if your home is unsafe.
Consider the following below in your 'Leave early' plan to protect yourself and your loved ones against coronavirus (COVID-19).
Add to your 'Emergency Kit':
- Additional face masks
- Hand sanitiser - more than 60% alcohol
- Antibacterial wipes
Some 'leave early' destinations may not be available due to coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions.
Cinemas and other public venues may be closed.
Consider alternative arrangements if your plan is to stay with elderly relatives or immuno-compromised relatives or friends to reduce the risk of vulnerable people being exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Follow coronavirus (COVID-19) health advice:
- Wear a face covering
- Practise good hygiene. Wash or sanitise your hands when you enter someone else’s home if possible
- Do not shake hands, hug or kiss as a greeting
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- Do not share food or drink. Do not share items like drink bottles, glasses, plates or cutlery
If you are unwell or have symptoms isolate yourself from others, ensure you always wear a face covering and get tested as soon as possible
Alert emergency services that you are a close contact, have recently tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) or if you are experiencing symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) if you attend an emergency relief centre or Community Fire Refuge.
You can also download a copy of Your Bushfire Safety Plan and COVID (PDF 599.8KB)
Page last updated: Thursday, 17 June 2021 1:16:53 PM