Web Content Tile

Wellbeing Support

What assistance is available for people in bushfire regions suffering from emotional or physical reactions?

It is normal for a distressing or frightening event to affect you physically, mentally and emotionally. Long-running fires in your local area can be extremely stressful and can trigger emotional, physical and psychological reactions.

The Victorian Government is supporting a number of on-the-ground services available to assist families to recover from the strong emotional or physical reactions they may be experiencing.

If at any time you are worried about your mental health or the mental health of a loved one, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.

You can also contact:

  • your doctor or local community health centre
  • a counsellor or psychologist
  • Parentline, Phone: 13 22 89
  • Kids Helpline, Phone: 1800 55 1800
  • NURSE-ON-CALL Phone: 1300 60 60 24 for expert health information and advice (24 hours, 7 days)
  • Australian Psychological Society Referral Service, Phone: 1800 333 497

Call 000 if you or someone you know is in immediate danger.

What assistance is available for CFA members?

Check Members Online for information on assistance available for members.

Financial Assistance

What financial assistance is available for people living or working in bushfire regions?

The Victorian Government has put together some information on emergency payments available to households in the local government areas of East Gippsland and Towong including our volunteers. People can now access emergency payments to relieve personal hardship including:

  • emergency relief
  • income support
  • disaster recovery
  • re-establishment payments

Access the site through the Vic Emergency website.