Fire Action Week
Fire Action Week
Web Content Tile
Fire Action Week launches Friday 13 October at the Victorian Emergency Management Training Centre (VEMTC) in Craigieburn and will run until Friday 20 October.
Fire Action Week is a great opportunity to find out more about the fire risk in your local area, talk to your family and friends about how you’ll know when to leave, where you’ll go and how you will get there.
Right now, forecasts show there is potential for another above average fire season in Victoria in the west of the state.
Over summer, fire safety messages will be promoted through television, radio, press, outdoor and digital advertisements, as well as through social media channels.
CFA brigades around the state will be talking to their communities about the local fire risk, how to prepare, and what to do to stay safe over summer. Check what’s on in your area.
This Fire Action Week, follow some simple planning and preparation tips to make sure you're ready for the upcoming summer:
- Check the fire risk where you live.
- Download the VicEmergency app to your mobile device.
- Start checking Fire Danger Ratings daily.
- Check warnings – make sure you understand the three levels of warnings and what they mean.
- Pack an emergency kit of essentials. This should include important documents, medications, a mobile phone, torch, battery operated radio, money and clothes so you can leave quickly before a fire starts.
- Talk to your household and neighbours about how you'll know when to leave and where to go to stay safe.
- Do you have family, friends or neighbours who need help preparing to leave early? Talk to them about when they're going to leave, where they're going to go, and how you can help.
For more information on how to get prepared, visit the Plan & Prepare section.