Fire permits
Share | Print

Fire permits

If you need to use fire in the open air during the Fire Danger Period or on a day of Total Fire Ban you may require a permit.

There are two types of permits. Click on a box to find out more and download the application form.

  1. During the Fire Danger Period

    A permit valid for use during the declared Fire Danger Period but not on Total Fire Ban Days (this is called a Schedule 14

  2. or

  3. Days of Total Fire Ban

    A permit valid for days of Total Fire Ban only (this is called a Section 40 Permit)

What type of activity requires a permit for using fire in the open air?

Find out on the Can I, Can't I section.

Unsure if you need a permit?

Contact your local CFA District Office or CFA headquarters on (03) 9262 8444.

Back to top