CFA has worked with other Australian fire authorities through the Australasian Fire and Emergency Service Authorities Council (AFAC) to produce a range of home fire safety materials. These materials support the development of skills and competencies for those involved in community service work and can be used as a delivery and assessment tool for basic home fire safety knowledge in the CH08 Community Services Training Package.
In addition to the use of these materials for formal training qualifications, community agencies can also make use of them in new staff induction and to keep skills up to date for existing workers.
As a community sector worker, knowledge of basic home fire safety will provide you with strategies to:
- Promote basic home fire safety with clients
- Inform clients about the risk of fire in their homes
- Influence and promote safe evacuation if there is a fire in a client’s home
- Influence and misunderstanding or misperception of risk that clients may have about fire in their homes
- Assist clients to comply with relevant state/territory smoke alarm legislation
- Reduce the risk of fire in your workplace if you work in a client’s home
- Reduce the risk of fire injuries and/or fatalities in the home.
This materials include a:
- Learning resource
- Participant workbook; and
- Delivery and assessment tool
The material is available for free download and use below from the AFAC website.