Caravan park owners must meet fire safety requirements as outlined in the Residential Tenancies (Caravan Parks and Movable Dwellings Registration and Standards) Regulations 2010.
These regulations govern the construction, site layout and facilities within caravan parks in Victoria.
As a caravan park owner you must:
- Provide and maintain access for firefighters
- Prevent fire spreading by separating structures
- Provide and maintain firefighting equipment
- Identify and manage fire hazards
- Comply with legislative requirements
Owners must also conduct regular maintenance to ensure fire safety elements are in good working order.
Fire safety guidelines for caravan parks
Use these guidelines to check, update and maintain fire safety systems in your caravan park.
The guidelines provide information about what you are required to do when building a new park or renovating an existing park.
- Caravan Park Fire Safety Guidelines (interactive) (PDF 2.64mb) | Print version (PDF 1.73mb)
- Caravan Park Fire Safety Guidelines (DOC 163k)
Apply for a caravan park fire safety inspection
CFA and MFB inspect and audit fire safety measures in a caravan park and provide a report to the caravan park owner and the relevant local council.
You can apply for a fire safety inspection when renewing your caravan park registration or applying for a new registration.
- Download the application for Caravan Park Inspection (PDF 339k) | Word version (DOCX 426K)
- Attached caravan park emergency management plan
Send your completed form to the relevant CFA Region office (contact details are included on the last page of the application form)
Additional Caravan park emergency management planning information can be found by visiting VICSES.
Appliance use in caravan parks during the Fire Danger Period and Total Fire Bans
Information regarding the use of various appliances in caravan parks in the country area of Victoria during declared Fire Danger Periods and Total Fire Bans - Caravan Parks, Fire Danger Periods and Total Fire Bans (pdf 77k)