0Home > Total Fire Ban Today
Today, Mon, 1 May 2017 is not a day of Total Fire Ban. | Tomorrow >>
Can I have a barbecue, light a campfire or light a fire for warmth or comfort?
Yes - Barbecues that are fixed appliances:
- fired by gas or electricity, being permanently fixed structures built of stone, metal, concrete or another non-flammable material designed exclusively for meal preparation
- or that use only gas or electricity, are designed and commercially manufactured exclusively for meal preparation (including portable barbecues), and when alight are placed in a stable position, provided that:
- the area within a distance of 3 metres from the outer perimeter of the barbecue is clear of flammable material
- you have either a hose connected to a water supply or a vessel with at least
- 10 litres of water for immediate use
- an adult is there at all times when the fire is alight who has the capacity and means to extinguish the fire
- the fire is completely extinguished before the adult leaves.
No - Campfires, fires for warmth or personal comfort are banned during Total Fire Ban Days. Solid and liquid fuel barbecues and ovens are also banned during Total Fire Ban Days.
See Can I Can't I for more information on what you can and can't do on Days of Total Fire Ban.