CFA firefighter-led, classroom fire safety presentations.
CFA's Fire Safe Youth program sees local CFA firefighters visit your class to talk about bushfire and home fire safety. This is a free program available to secondary schools across Victoria.
What do students learn?
The range of topics include:
- Victoria's bushfire history
- How climate, weather, vegetation and topography affect fire behaviour
- The science behind radiant heat and ember attack
- Fire Danger Ratings and warnings: what they mean and how to respond
- Total Fire Bans: what you can and can't do
- Prepare, Act, Survive: what you can do to stay safe in summer
- How to identify and address everyday fire hazards inside the home
- How working smoke alarms and home fire escape plans save lives
Please allow one period for bushfire safety and one period for home fire safety. You'll also receive follow-up teaching and learning materials to support further study in the classroom.
How do I book?
Request a Fire Safe Youth via the online form.