Report of Operations 2007-08 - Municipal Fire Prevention
CFA has supported fire prevention in the following ways:
- assisted Melbourne Water to appoint and train their first three fire prevention officers. Melbourne Water has committed to engage CFA in the review of their wildfire prevention and major hazard facilities fire prevention plans.
- completed stage one of a three part process regarding fire on railway corridors. Stage one related to data-sharing with the Department of Infrastructure (DOI) and is part of an anticipated MoU between CFA and DOI.
- initiated and successfully completed a new triennial audit cycle
- conducted two 'Municipal Fire Prevention Officer' courses, with 40 people being successfully trained
- made recommendations to Energy Safe Victoria, as part of the Electric Line Clearance Consultative Committee, to maintain current electrical line clearance requirements and simplify information provided to the electrical companies and the public
- managed the development and distribution of the 'Living on the Edge' DVD in partnership with the RACV
- achieved regulatory change to the Rail Safety Regulations 2006 to minimise the impact of the legislation on CFA volunteers undertaking fire prevention activities in rail corridors.