Report of Operations 2007-08 - Integrated Fire Management Planning
CFA hosts the integrated fire management support team. The implementation of the Integrated Fire Management Planning (IFMP) framework has achieved the following:
- The State Fire Management Planning Support Team (manager, assistant and eight regionally based Fire Planning Network Managers) has been recruited.
- Agency Liaison Managers from CFA, MFB, VicSES and Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV) have been seconded to build agency preparedness, provide input into product development and to enhance communication across agencies during implementation.
- The State Fire Management Planning Committee has been established and is now meeting bimonthly.
- A project implementation plan with explanatory documentation including the accompanying brochure 'Implementing the Integrated Fire Management Planning Framework 2007 to 2025' has been prepared in conjunction with CFA and the Office of the Emergency Services Commissioner (OESC).
- development of State Fire Strategic Plan with the State Fire Management Planning Committee
- identification, evaluation and refinement of risk processes and tools with the OESC and other stakeholders
- development of a communication framework and strategy through the OESC and utilising the seconded Agency Liaison Managers
- development of plans to establish the eight Regional Strategic Fire Management Planning Committees in the first quarter of 2008-09.